Since March of 2020, when houses of worship in our community closed, nightly meals provided to those in need were replaced by “to-go” dinners and lunches distributed by Harbor House.
There are three ways you can help Harbor House!
1. Sack lunch Mondays!
TAE partners have been providing to-go dinner bags and cases of water to those in need every Monday. This is a great activity for family and friends to do together at home.
Temple Adat Elohim is committed to helping those in need by providing 50 lunches and two cases of water every Monday to Harbor House so they can distribute them to their clients.
- Sack lunches should contain:
- A protein – this could be a sandwich (Peanut butter and jelly, Turkey, Tuna, Roast beef, Egg Salad etc.) or packages of ready to eat tuna and crackers.
- A fruit – please provide a soft fruit that is easy to bite into (peach, orange, strawberries, or fruit cups (include a spoon)). Please do not provide apples – they are too hard for some to bite into.
- A granola bar – please make sure they are soft bars (not hard to bite into)
- A snack – chips, cookies or any other treat
- Place all the items in a paper bag (which can be decorated with uplifting pictures or sayings).
- Drop-off the items between 4:00 pm- 4:30 pm at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Thousand Oaks.
Email the TAE shelter at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up.
2. Hot to-go dinner on the last Sunday of every month.
Temple Adat Elohim is committed to providing 60 hot meals to Harbor House clients on the last Sunday of each month.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Prepare a part of the meal at home and drop it off at TAE
- Assemble “to-go” boxes at temple at 3:15 pm from the prepared dishes.
- Deliver the finished “to-go” meals to Harbor House for immediate distribution.
Click here to sign up!
3. Help Harbor House provide meals on a preferred day
If you would like to help provide meals on other days of the week, visit the Harbor House sign-up page. Currently, there are many open slots. Click here to view the Harbor House sign-up page.
Questions? Email email@example.com