The students in this program, 6th grade and older, will spend time with Cantor David certain Sundays following Religious School from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. where they will help lead the junior choir, then spend time studying prayers to find a deeper meaning in our liturgy and learning new melodies to present during our Family Shabbat services.
Our Junior Cantors lead family services once a month. Addtionally, they participate in various community locations:
- Singing at local retirement communities for Mitzvah Day, Chanukah and Passover
- Participating in our Community Chanukah Candle Lighting at the Oaks Mall with the Band of Milk and Honey and our Adult Choir
- Participating in Shabbat Shira
- Leading portions of our High Holy Days Services
- Participating in many social action projects such as helping to host our Winter Shelter and participating in the Conejo Valley Walk to End Genocide.
Please contact Cantor David for more information at email@example.com and thank you for supporting this exciting program!