Matzah toffee ingredients:
4 sheets of matzah
1 C Brown Sugar
1 C Butter
1 Bag (12 oz) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Cardamom Candied Pecans ingredients:
1 lb raw pecans
½ C granulated sugar
⅓ C light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250. Line a cookie sheet with foil (for easy cleanup) and then parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients: pecans sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy.
- Add in vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture over pecans.
- Mix everything together until everything is evenly covered.
- Pour over cookie sheet until there is a single layer of pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Take out of oven and cool on cookie sheet.
Matzah Toffee Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover Rimmed Cookie Sheet with Aluminum foil (for easy clean up), then place parchment paper on top.
- Cover whole sheet with matzah, breaking pieces to fill in all the spaces.
- Make Matzah Toffee: In a medium sauce pan combine brown sugar and butter.
- Heat of medium heat until all brown sugar is dissolved.
- Then continue to heat for 3-4 minutes until nice and bubbly and thick.
- Don’t overcook or it will become too brown and taste burnt.
- CAREFULLY pour toffee over all the matzah. Use a spatula to make an even layer of toffee over all the matzah.
- Put whole sheet in oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes all the toffee should be bubbling and hot.
- Take our of oven and immediately cover with chocolate chips.
- Wait about 3 minutes until chocolate is softened and use a spatula to spread evenly over all matzah.
- Cover with crushed pecans and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes until chocolate has hardened.
- Break into small pieces and put in tupperware.