On Sunday, May 1, 2022, 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the TAE Courtyard.
Come together to make a difference!
Mitzvah Day Projects
- For our troops: Write letters, decorate pillowcases, and make paracord bracelets. We will also be collecting beanie babies.
- For our seniors: Paint potted plants and make cards.
- For foster youth: Make birthday bags, fleece blankets, journals, and hair ties.
- For animals: Make dog toys. We will also be collecting gently used pillow cases, towels, dog beds, and cat beds.
- For newly arrived refugees: Make welcome baskets.
- Community Holiday Dinner: Make picture frames and to-go bags.
- For the unhoused: Make lunches.
- For Temple Adat Elohim: Help with site projects.
- For fostered youth: Donate electronic waste (e-waste) to raise money for Safe Passage Youth. Specific items are listed below. Click here to learn about e-waste.
- AND MORE
Mitzvah Day Donations
Collecting food donations now through Mitzvah Day – Donated to Adelante Communidad Conejo: Food donations can be dropped off in the main office.
- Ramen cups
- Canned peaches
- Pasta sauce (no glass)
- Soup (dry or canned)
- Jam/preserves (strawberry is a favorite!)
- Oatmeal (packets or canister)
- Granola bars
- Crackers (Saladitas, Saltines, Ritz)
- Mac ‘n cheese (instant cups or packages)
- Maseca (Masa Harina)
- Mayonnaise, ketchup
- Cereal (especially brand named kid favorites, large or family size)
Collecting on Mitzvah Day
Start your Mitzvah Day spring cleaning today and drop off items during Mitzvah Day!
- Beanie Babies (or 6′ or smaller stuffed animals) – Donated to Operation Gratitude.
- Pillow case – Donated to the California Wildlife Center
- Towels and dog beds – Donated to L.I.F.E. animal rescue
- Electronic waste – Proceeds donated to Safe Passage Youth
We will be collecting –
- MP3 players
- Computers and monitors
- Printers, scanners, fax machines
- Stereos, VCRs
- VHS, audio tapes
- PDAs, pagers
- We CANNOT accept microwaves or others appliances.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org