Welcome baskets for new Many Mansions residents.
From July 1-July 15, the interfaith community will be collecting supplies to make welcome baskets for the 40 new families moving into a new Many Mansions facility-Ormond Villas in Oxnard (low income housing for Veterans.) In August, we will come together to make the baskets.
Here is how you can help!
- Sign up at //www.adatelohim.org/ormond to select what you would like to donate.
- Purchase the items. You can also purchase them online and have them delivered directly to TAE between July 1-15. Then instructions are in the sign -up link.
- Drop off your items in the box in the TAE office from July 1-15.
- Join us to put together the baskets on August 5 at 7:00pm in the social hall.
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us at the SOVA warehouse in Van Nuys as we sort food donations on Sunday, March 10 from 10am-12pm. Children over 10 welcome.
RSVP to email@example.com
SOVA Van Nuys Address:
16439 Vanowen St
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Manna has a food shortage!
Manna is a local food panty that offers free groceries and support services to people whose limited incomes makes it difficult to provide adequate healthy food for their families.
Due to a significant increase in need (related to the government shutdown) the items listed below are needed to fill the food kitchens. Donated items are given to Manna – The Conejo Valley Food Bank.
- Canned Tomato – Diced, Sliced, Stewed
- Canned Spaghetti – Ravioli
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Soup-Beef Barley, Cream of (Tomato, Chicken or Vegetable)
- Canned Spaghetti Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Uncooked Rice
- Canned Chili (Stew)
- Hot Cereal
- Pancake Mix
*Additional most needed items are tuna, beans, vegetables, and toiletries. No glass containers, please.
**Food does not need to be Kosher.
***Please save and donate empty egg cartons as well as non-perishable food. (Egg cartons are used daily to provide safe travel for eggs from Manna to home.)
Click here to read more about Manna.
Dear TAE Family,
Let’s be here for one another!
• Do you need a place to go for Thanksgiving?
• Can you host others at your Thanksgiving meal?
• Are you able to provide assistance to others recovering from the fires?
• Do you need help/resources recovering from the fires?
If you need help or can offer help, please click on this link and complete this TAE Helping One Another Form.
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.
Looking to get that extra candy out of your house?
Bring the candy to temple with you on Mitzvah Day or drop it off in the office by Tuesday, November 6th.
We are collecting the candy for an organization that will be sending it to our troops abroad.
Next Donation Signup is on
Mitzvah Day, November 4th.
Shoes can change a child’s life. Participation in sports and physical activities goes up nearly 75% and attendance goes up 43% when kids have shoes that fit.
Temple Adat Elohim partners with an elementary school in Oxnard to provide needy children with new athletic shoes. The school identifies students who need the special assistance. They provide us with a list of first names, gender and shoe sizes for the children. You select one or more children you would like to help.
Purchase a pair of athletic shoes. On the lid of the box, write the name of the child you have sponsored and deliver the shoes to temple during the designated week (more info to follow as the date gets closer). The shoes are then delivered to the school which distributes them to each individual child.
Check back here as Mitzvah Day approaches for more information.