Dear Temple Adat Elohim Family,
Over the last few days we have been making calls to every member to check on your safety and well-being. Thankfully it appears so far that we are all safe, though we are still assessing the extent of damage to members’ homes. While we continue to make calls, we invite you to reach out to us at the main temple number (805-497-7101) if you have suffered losses and need help. All calls are being forwarded to our staff off site.
If You Need Fire Recovery Assistance
Our community cares about each other. We are compiling a list of goods and services, such as cleanup and childcare help, that TAE members are willing to offer each other during this difficult time. Please click here to offer your support or request support.
Also, here are a few other resources available to any who need fire recovery support, with more to come in future updates:
- Counseling, Legal Services, Free Loans: Call the Jewish Federation of Los Angeles Emergency Hotline at 323-761-8100 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. A dedicated professional will connect you with social services, as well as legal and financial assistance. You can also meet with a professional in person Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Federation’s Valley offices, 19710 Ventura Blvd., Woodland Hills.
- Clothing and Other Household Items: Community members have collected clothing, bedding, baby items (diapers, wipes, etc.), toys and household items. Please stop by 950 Hampshire Rd #104, Westlake Village, to pick up what you need. You may be asked to provide proof of residency.
- Cleanup Help: Our neighbors at the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints have kindly offered the services of some of their older teenage members to assist with property clean-up. Please contact Angela Rockwood at 805-418-0699 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request help.
- Gift Cards for Groceries, Restaurants, and More: Temples from around the country–many of which have been through other natural disasters– have reached out to offer gift cards for groceries, restaurants and more. Please contact the temple office at 805-497-7101 for information about this support.
Other Ways You Can Offer Help
If you would like to donate money to help fire victims, here are three options:
- Temple Adat Elohim has established a disaster fund for our members who have suffered losses in their homes. Please click here to donate.
- The Jewish Federation has set up a fund to help families and local Jewish institutions burned by the fires to rebuild. Click here to donate.
- The Ventura County Community Foundation is collecting funds for victims of both the Borderline shooting and the fires. 100% of all funds that are donated will go to victims. Click here to donate.
- To learn about protecting your home from possible mudslides or flooding review Ventura County Public Works’ HOMEOWNERS GUIDE FOR Flood, Debris, and Erosion Control.
We will continue to share additional resources as they become available. Please call the main temple number at 805-497-7101 with any questions.
Click here for TAE’s Fire Updates
Together we will rebuild our community.