To keep all children safe while in our care, we ask that all families adhere to approved list of items below for kids marketplace days, birthdays, holidays, and class celebrations.
For the safety of all children, NO peanuts and/or any other kind of tree nuts are permitted. Food items that are “processed in a facility” with peanuts and/or any other kind of tree nuts are ok. Avoid items that “may contain” or are “made on shared equipment” with peanuts and/or any other kind of tree nuts.
If there are additional food allergies in your classroom, all parents in the class will be notified.
NO homemade items baked at home, due to the risk of cross contamination. NO choking hazards: popcorn, un-cut grapes/cherry tomatoes/other small round foods.
Please stick to the following food item list (including brand). Each brand has different ingredients and the exact food items below have been deemed safe for all the children.
Please arrange with your child’s teacher if you plan on bringing in food items for the classroom on a specific day.
ECC Approved Food & Item list:
- Pizza (cheese, child size slices)
- “Annie’s” fruit snacks, grahams, cookies, crackers, bars or puffs
- “Made Good” Granola bars/bites, cookies, crackers, or crispy squares (Ralphs, Costco, Amazon)
- “That’s It.” Mini fruit Bars (Amazon or Costco)
- Fresh fruit (no choking hazards, like uncut grapes)
- Applesauce pouches
- “Enjoy Life”, “Katz Donuts” (found in the Sprouts freezer section), “Abe’s” and “Cybele’s” brands
- Nabisco Mini Oreo or Chips Ahoy Cookies
- Barnum’s Animal Crackers
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers
- Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats
- NON-FOOD ITEMS are great! Stickers, bubbles, coloring/painting sets, play-doh, toys and fun items from the dollar stores, amazon, or Oriental Trading are always a hit and encouraged. Please just make note of the age it is suited for, so there are no choking hazards.