February 2, 2022
Dear Temple Partners,
We hope this email finds you healthy and well. TAE’s COVID Task Force recently met to adjust our COVID-19 protocols based on slowing positivity rates.
We are reopening our campus for in-person services and classes!
We based our decisions on three values:
- Al Tifrosh Min Hatzibur – The need and desire for in-person interaction.
- B’reirah – Respect for autonomy and choice of our partners.
- Kehilah – Our communal responsibility not to further overburden our healthcare system.
Who is on the TAE COVID Task Force? Click here to learn about the members.
Services and Adult Education
- Friday evening Shabbat services will simultaneously be held in-person or virtually at 7:00 p.m. Don’t miss this Friday’s special service, featuring Aaron Wolf! Click here to view the live-streamed service. This link is also available on the TAE website at www.adatelohim.org.
- Saturday morning meditation services will be held in-person and outdoors at 10:00 a.m.
- Saturday morning Talmud study at 8:00 a.m. and Torah study at 8:45 a.m. will be held in-person or via Zoom. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- Select adult education classes will continue to be offered via Zoom. Please check the temple calendar for location details.
- For all in-person events, masks are required. Disposable masks such as KN95, KF94, and surgical are recommended. Additionally, full COVID-19 vaccination or negative PCR test within 48 hours of the service is required.
- Beginning Sunday, February 6th, Religious School will be offered in-person only.
- While we encourage our students to attend class in-person, accommodations will be made for anyone who cannot attend class in-person due to medical reasons. Please contact Reesa Shaw at email@example.com if you need accommodations.
- Masks required. Teachers will be wearing KN95 or KF94 masks. It is recommended for students to wear disposable masks such as KN95, KF94, or surgical.
Gallant-Schiff Infant Center and Early Childhood Center
- Classes will continue in person with all COVID-19 protocols enforced. Parents have been informed of the specific protocol changes.
- Friday morning Tot Shabbat services will be held outdoors on the Courtyard. Classes will sit in designated zones and the service will be shorter.
Chorale and Band
- Shabbat Shira has been postponed to Friday, April 22, 2022.
- Chorale rehearsals will temporarily be held virtually. In-person rehearsals will resume soon. Cantor Shukiar will communicate the schedule with Chorale members.
- Band rehearsals will take place in-person and outdoors. Cantor Shukiar will communicate the schedule with members of the band.
- Masks required. Disposable masks such as KN95, KF94, and surgical are recommended. Full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 PCR test within 48 hours of the in-person rehearsals required.
We will continue to monitor and keep you informed about changes to our protocols. Please remember to check the TAE E-News that is emailed every Wednesday evening, the TAE Calendar, Facebook, or Instagram for updates.
We appreciate your understanding.
Rabbi Barry Diamond
Juli Rycus, TAE President
Bryan Friedman, Executive Vice President