An opportunity for every
TAE family and member to
make an on-going difference
throughout the year.
TAE is proud to be a partner in the Conejo Valley interfaith network and Lutheran Social Services that help provide support to the homeless in our local Conejo Valley community.
April – November Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals, Families & Small Groups
Dinner and Lunch Preparation and Serving – TAE provides the dinner meal and sack lunches on the 4th Wednesday of the month at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Westlake Village. You can sign up to bring part of the dinner, make sack lunches, and/or help serve. The TAE Shelter committee is always looking for volunteers to help with these meals throughout the year.
Email the shelter committee to sign up or ask questions: email@example.com
December – March Winter Shelter Volunteer Opportunities
Every winter, from December through March, TAE opens its doors to the neediest in our community by turning our social hall into a temporary shelter on Sundays. On these nights, we serve a hot meal to 50-80 people and provide overnight accommodation to 20-35 people. This takes an army of volunteers, and we welcome all the help we can get!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Preparing “to-go” sack lunches for each guest
- Preparing “to-go” sack breakfast bags for overnight guests to take in the morning
- Laundering blankets and pillow cases during the week between guest visits
- Chaperoning (Sleeping over) – Each Sunday, the shelter requires two volunteers to spend the night with our guests. Those who have done this will tell you that it is truly a mitzvah. You may have questions about being a chaperone before volunteering to be one. Please don’t be shy about reaching out to us for answers. We recognize that this is a new experience for most people and want to provide you with all of the information that you need. Please contact us about being one of our chaparones.
- Dinners: These are provided not only by TAE but also by church and community groups. If you are part of a TAE temple group and are interested in providing dinner, please the shelter committee to check availability.
Financial donations to support the shelter are always welcome. They help us purchase needed items such as dinner plates, napkins, silverware, sleeping mats and more. Funds also help defray the weekly cost of washing the sheets and pillow cases ($100+/week) when volunteers are not available to do this important job.