- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. warm water
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
- ½ cup wine (I use Manischewitz)
- ½ cup potato starch, sifted
- ½ cup cake meal, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Soak nuts in wine for several hours (can be overnight)
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and water until very fluffy and almost white. Add cinnamon, lemon juice and nuts. Add potato starch and cake meal gradually.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until you can turn over bowl and whites don’t fall out.
- Fold into cake mixture
- Pour into 10” tube pan; Bake for 1 hour
- Invert and cool.