- 9 whole eggs separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup almonds, ground fine
- 1 tbsp. potato starch
- 3 tbsp. matzo cake meal, sifted
- 1 tbsp. powdered instant coffee (I use dark chocolate powder)
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- Grated rind from one orange
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat egg whites until foamy, slowly add ½ cup sugar while beating until stiff, but not dry. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with remaining ½ cup sugar. Beat together until light and looking like meringue.
- Fold dry ingredients into yolk mixture.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter into a 9-10” tube pan, greased and floured with cake meal.
- Bake for 45 minutes